There’s no denying that the digital landscape is crowded. To make an impact, you need to deliver your message directly to the accounts most likely to convert.
Punch! joined forces with Vidyard at the 2021 B2BMX event to discuss why, what, when and how to integrate 1:1 video into your account-based strategy.
why 1:1 video?
Standing out is becoming increasingly difficult for B2B marketers. The digital landscape is crowded, meaning your content and strategy needs to work a lot harder.
- We’re spending on average 17% less time viewing content in a single session compared to 2020
- We’re viewing up to 40% more content per session compared to 2020
- By 2022, Cisco predicts 82% of all content created will be video
The trends tell us that we are viewing content in shorter, sharper bursts. Which is why 1:1 video can help you to get your content to stand out.
WHAT DOES VIDEO DO IN ABM?
ABM is all about taking a personalised, integrated approach into your best-fit accounts.
Using ABM for the acquisition of new accounts is split into three phases:
- Target – create awareness within your target audience
- Engage – generate demand within your most engaged accounts
- Close – accelerate pipeline and deal cycle of your active opportunities
As your programme progresses from targeting through to closing, you get more and more personalised with your content strategy.
In the Target phase (also known as one-to-many ABM), you’re typically talking to a large pool of accounts that fit your ideal customer profile. You would include light personalisation, focusing on vertical insights or buyer persona research.
In the Engage phase (or one-to-few ABM), you are focusing your outreach on the accounts that are engaging with your content. This is where you would introduce intent-led personalisation; tailoring your messaging to focus on the topics where the individuals are demonstrating intent.
In the Close phase, you are looking to help sales to close their active opportunities. At this stage, your sales team should be learning about the accounts’ individual challenges and using this information to create insight-led personalisation.
why is personalisation key?
85% of B2B buyers are more likely to buy from companies that understand their goals. Personalisation is paramount because customers reward their business to companies who make the effort to understand their unique needs and provide them with some value.
86% of buyers expect sales to personalise their experience. Personalised video is so successful because potential customers feel you are reaching out to them specifically.
64% of sellers think that personalised materials help them close deals. Accounts don’t expect you to know everything about them, but you must have a reason as to why you have considered reaching out to them in particular, to show why you are targeting this account.
when should you use video?
For ABM? At every given chance!
- Target with 1:1 videos that have a strong call to action
- Engage with 1:1 videos to supplement other personalised content
- Close with 1:1 videos to articulate a sales proposal
And it works…
Punch! has seen an average 31% email CTR with personalised video. Better still, half of all video-booked qualification calls convert into pipeline. In fact, Punch! has found that video outreach is twice as effective as traditional sales tactics.
Speaking of sales tactics… An integrated approach will help you to pinpoint the right time in the customer journey to execute your outreach strategy.
By monitoring first and third party intent data, and using 1:1 personalised video to elevate your SDR activity, you will be able to optimise your qualification process and move accounts into the pipeline sooner. It’s a win-win all round.
how do you equip your sdr team for video?
The first videos will not be perfect, but it is important to remember that the point of using personalised video is to humanise the sales process, which means perfection is not the aim here- being too polished isn’t human!
When introducing video to your team, start with the 3 T’s:
- Training – set your team up for success with regular training sessions on how to record 1:1 videos
- Talk track – maintain consistency by having a talk track in place to ensure the right messaging is used
- Toolkit – keep everything in one central place so your team has everything they need to hand when working on your accounts